Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New HCG round...

So with the holidays now over, thank goodness, I am exhausted and in need of some serious R&R. However, what better time to start out a new round of HCG? I figured that I seriously need a reboot after all the junk I ate for 6 weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve.

I started this round on Thursday; the first 2 days eating what you can that has a high fat content to keep from getting headaches and feeling nauseous on the first day of 500 calories. I have to admit I felt a little sick after 2 days of eating junk and fat! But today is my first day of the 500 calories and I don't feel all that great. It could have something to do with the fact that I was up til 3am this morning and had a few drinks last night. I must admit, I have a horrible headache today. I think the lack of sleep has really contributed, but I'm making it through.

I have started this round at 245 pounds. I gained about 3-4 pounds between October and December, and never made it to the half marathon after Phil lost his job. So now I will do this round and then train for a triathlon in mid-April. It's a 500 yard swim, 11 mile bike, and a 5k run. It sounds easier than running 13.2 miles, however, have you ever tried to swim a half a mile?! Crazy. It's like 20 laps or so in a pool. I can barely run a mile so this is going to take some serious effort.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds - this would put me at the smallest I've ever been as an adult. I've never been under 220. I remember running at that weight and I felt like I could go forever. Everything was easier. I could shop most anywhere and all my clothes looked really nice. I miss that feeling.

I also have never been an athlete but I enjoy running and working out. I like being active and feeling fit and strong. I'm so young and I have so much life left that I don't want to spend it miserable or unhealthy. So here's to a new year and to a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment